Find a Lifeline Regional Office
Select your Kentucky county.
Understanding When More Help is Needed
How do you know when it is time to seek help for your loved ones? Family caregivers and care professionals may begin to notice changes in their loved ones that send a red flag that an otherwise healthy adult needs more assistance to remain safely and independently at home. These signs are an indication that it might be time to call for help.
- Household bills are piling up
- Reluctance to leave the house
- Losing interest in meals
- Declining personal hygiene
- Declining driving skills
- Scorched pots and pans
- Possible signs of depression
- Missed doctor’s appointments
- Missed social engagements
- Unkempt house
- Losing track of medications